CRU Weekly Ministry Tip #12, Fall 2011
I was recently asked by a leader on campus what I felt were some important qualities we need to possess to be effective leaders and disciple makers. Also, to remain solid in our walk with God. Here are five areas that I believe we should build into our lives.
Five important skills to be an effective disciple maker
1. Work effectively with people and encourage ownership of the mission. You are the leader. Work with people who are faithful, available and teachable. 2 Timothy 2:2 See the Are the Faithful, Available and Teachable?
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, 2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
2. Use your time wisely so that you can accomplish all that God has called you to do on campus. See Psalms 90:12 and 39:4
So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!
3. Have a heart for prayer, 1 Timothy 2:1-8
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people…3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth…
8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling…
4. Renew your vision for where God is leading you as you work to reach your campus with the gospel message. Consider Luke 19:10 as Jesus spoke to Zacchaeus, John 3:16 as He spoke to Nicodemus, and to His disciples (Matthew 28:19-20) The Great Commission
10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
5. Live a true Spirit-filled life
15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,
How do these areas resonate with your heart? What are some specific action steps you can take?
God wants to use you in a special way as the leader on your campus. Be that person.
Talk to you next week,
Ben Rivera/GodSquad and CruPressGreen Team
For archives of past weekly tips go to: http://www.benrivera.org/ or godsquad.com
To Unsubscribe send a reply to this email