Cru Weekly Ministry Tip #6, Fall 2012
Here are some passages from Hebrews that will encourage your hearts and minds as we continue to look at the supremacy of Christ. Look at Hebrews 2:17-18, 3:1-3, 6:
2:17-18 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
3:1-3 Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession, 2 who was faithful to him who appointed him, just as Moses also was faithful in all God’s house. 3 For Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses—as much more glory as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself.
3:6 but Christ is faithful over God’s house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope.
Consider the truths from these verses:
1. He was made like His brothers so that he would become the merciful and faithful high priest to make propitiation (offering Himself as a sacrifice that would perfectly meet the demands of God’s justice) for the sins of the people, 2:17.
2. Because Jesus had suffered when tempted, He can help those who are being tempted, 2:18.
3. Jesus is God’s apostle and our high priest – Jesus Christ is the “Apostle” (lit. delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders) in that He is the One God sent to reveal the Father to humankind. Furthermore He is the “High Priest”, the One God anointed to represent human beings to Himself, 3:1.
4. Jesus is worthy of more glory then Moses, 3:3 Just as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself.
5. Jesus was faithful to Him who appointed Him, 3:2
6. Christ is faithful over God’s house as a son, and we are his house, 3:6
These truths will fill us up with Christ as we meditate on who He is and what He has done for us.
Need More Training?
This week we wanted to make sure you knew about a short but excellent set of training videos that will help you in many aspects of ministry. Check them out at: http://crupressgreen.com/video/
Crupressgreen is adding more training video’s soon to this site. One practical suggestion would be to gather your Bible study group, leadership team or weekly meeting, and show a select video on a specific topic. Follow up on the video by asking questions about what they just saw. This will make for some good discussion and application so that you can sharpen people’s ministry skills along with some solid teaching on specific topics of Christian growth.
As we look at all Christ has done for us and who He is, we should be motivated and encouraged to serve our amazing Savior. Go for it.
Talk to you next week,
Cru Ministry, Orlando