Weekly Tips #7, October 2, 2015
Be Fully Convinced, Stay Strong In Faith, Do Not Waver
Romans chapter 4 talks about faith and Abraham. The theme of this chapter might be seen in verse 3, “For what does the Scripture say? ‘Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.’ ” A secondary theme might be found in verse 5, “And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness…”
Abraham was known as the father of many nations (all people and all races). He demonstrated that his faith and trust in God was the basis for being counted as righteous. It was not by works. Read Chapter 4 for full context.
- Abraham believed God and was counted to him as righteousness, vs. 3
- To one who believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteous, vs. 5
- Our lawless deeds are forgiven and sins are covered – by faith apart from works, vs. 8
- The law or being circumcised does not count, but it is through the righteousness of faith, vs. 9-15
- Abraham showed great faith in believing God and taking Him at His word, vs. 18-21
- Our faith is counted to us as righteousness as we believe in Jesus our Lord who rose from the dead, vs. 22-25.
By faith we believe that Jesus died and rose again for our forgiveness of sins. Jesus did it all on the cross. Be fully convinced, stay strong in faith, do not waver.
The Big Event To Do Each Month
Part of your goal in your ministry situation should be to give the maximum number of people an opportunity to hear and respond to the claims of Christ. Consider planning a big evangelistic event, every month. There are many ideas. It could be doing another survey table so that you might gather more names of interested people. You can then make appointments to share the gospel message and invite them to your meetings/Bible study.
What special activity could you plan during October, November and December to present the gospel message? Make a regular concentrated effort to do something fun and meaningful that will creatively attract others. Here are 104 fun ideas to think about.
Talk to you next week,
Ben with Cru