Cru Weekly Ministry Tip #1 Spring 2013
I read in my devotional this week from Acts 1:6-8 which says:
6 “So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
By receiving the promised Holy Spirit, the disciples and the early church has the power they needed to be His witnesses everywhere. Not only the power to witness to others but to also live out the Christian life in every area of our lives. It is important that we are involved in living day to day not in our own efforts, which could lead to frustration, but by the Holy Spirit’s power.
A good devotional during the week would be to go through the “Satisfied” booklet. Start out your spring term right with God in every way and trust Him for some great things in your life and in your ministry on the campus, high school or wherever He leads you.
Advertise and Gather
As you begin your spring term, keep in mind some important steps to help your ministry get off to the best start possible:
1. Be sure that everyone on campus knows where and when you meet. Advertise as widely as you can. Ask all your students to put up posters where possible and pass our flyers to all their friends. http://crupressgreen.com/step-7-the-first-few-weeks/
2. Plan a big party, questionnaire table, or athletic event and invite as many people as possible. The key is to meet as many new people as possible.
3. Decide what you will cover in your weekly meetings/Bible studies this semester. For some good ideas, check out this weekly tip from last fall:
4. Start up your ministry in prayer. Prayer walk the campus and as a leadership team, pray for every student who came to your meeting last fall.
5. Help everyone to track with you through your Facebook campus page when your next activity will be along with general announcements.
6. Keep all your meetings as high quality as possible by following steps that encourage people to come back: http://crupressgreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/tensuggestionsforthefirstgroupmeeting.pdf
7. Keep in touch with your Cru staff coach. Ask them for help and advice as often as you can so that strategically you’re doing all you can to help expose your campus to the gospel message.
Cru Ministry, Orlando