Weekly Tip #10, October 22, 2015
Read 1 Corinthians 1:4-9. In these verses the Apostle Paul gives thanks for the Corinthian church. He also shares the powerful blessings that is true of all believers. Count each of the blessings in this passage and define some of the key words.
Secondly, read 1 Corinthians 1:1-17. Count the number of times Paul makes a reference to Christ Jesus and other associated titles like “Lord” or “Christ”. Ask yourself why there are so many references to Christ Jesus. What does the word “Christ” mean? How about “Lord”? What is the heart behind Paul making so many references to Christ Jesus?
I pray you will receive a wonderful blessing when you try these exercises above.
Revisit Fall Plans
We are about a week away from Halloween. Hard to believe the Fall has gone so fast. Whatever your ministry situation and location, take some time to look at your overall Fall plan. Gather your leaders and ask yourself these questions:
- Are we on track with our overall plan?
- Are we giving the maximum number of people an opportunity to hear the gospel message?
- Are the topics covered at your weekly meetings/Bible studies including the foundational and transferable studies first?
- Are people feeling a strong sense of community within your group?
- Do we have active plans to recruit to the Winter/Christmas Conference in your region?
- Do you have a couple more big evangelistic events planned so that you might meet and follow-up new people?
- Are those in leadership being cared for and spiritually fed?
Have A Holy Spirit Emphasis Week
In terms of training this week, take everyone through the training on the Holy Spirit. You can do this individually, in a Bible study, or in your weekly meeting. Make sure that your ministry is done in the power of the Holy Spirit and not in your own human effort. Here is the theology behind the “Satisfied” Holy Spirit booklet that we use. Here’s a video training to check out.
Talk to you next week,
Ben with Cru