Weekly Tip #5 Spring 2017
Luke 11:9-10, 13
9 And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 11 What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; 12 or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
I am mindful every day of the work week, to be praying for each campus ministry I am helping to coach. I am simply trusting God to do His work in His timing on campuses everywhere. We must be praying because God is the one who must do it. Here are some things I often pray:
- That all would be spending time in God’s Word daily – being spiritually renewed
- For the constant filling of the Holy Spirit and living a pure life
- Praying regularly for your campus, that the Holy Spirit would go ahead of you as you reach out to students with the gospel message.
Pray for your campus or ministry situation daily and as often as you can.
Continue Reaching Out
Lead the charge! The Spring term is moving ahead quickly. Continue to dream and plan for strategically exposing your campus to the gospel message in creative ways. Also, encourage people to build prayer and community into your ministry. Here are some simple and creative ways to meet new people and give you interested people to follow-up on.
- Doing a 60 second survey/questionnaire (having a table at the club rush) – great way to uncover interested people
- Go out in pairs and engage people in spiritual conversations using he “Quest” survey and the “Knowing God Personally” booklet
- Hold a prayer meeting and ask God to move powerfully on campus
- Throw a party to build close community with everyone involved – At Eastern State College, the studentsDC went out for a picnic lunch after their weekly meeting. They grilled some hotdogs and had a great time together. People will come back to your meetings because they’re coming to see their friends
Finally, there are several great Summer Missions opportunity waiting for you. Check it out here
Stand strong and keep making a difference on campus. All you do for Him is eternal.
Talk to you next week,
Ben with Cru