Now is the time to help people finalize their decisions to go to your regional Christmas/Winter conference. You’ll have the greatest chance of getting the maximum number of students to attend if you can go and lead the charge. Take a step of faith and make the decision to go yourself so people will follow you.
Plan Carefully For Your Spring Semester
In the next week or two, you will want to gather your student leaders together and plan your Spring ministry activities. Here is a suggested list of items to cover in your leaders meeting:
- Take a fresh look at your scriptural mandate to spread the gospel to as many as possible on your campus. Consider reading Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 10:9-15, 2 Timothy 2:2 and other passages. What is our mandate from scripture? Why have a ministry on campus? What personal role is God calling each of us to play?
- How can we always keep prayer in the forefront of our ministry? How can we express our complete dependence upon God? It has been said that we need to “talk to God about men before we talk to men about God”.
- Lay out a calendar of 2011 so that you can see each week of the Spring semester/term. As you begin to fill in your activities for each week you want to be very strategic to maximize your impact and influence towards evangelism and discipleship.
- How can you use the first two weeks at the beginning of your Spring semester/term to gather as many contacts as possible?
- Answer the who, what, when, where, and how of your meetings each week. Don’t just settle for planning a meeting just to have a meeting. What will you do to help everyone in your movement grow closer to the Lord? How can you build excitement for evangelism? Where can you increase unity and relationships with people who attend? And what is the best way to recruit for Spring conferences and Summer Projects. View each weekly meeting strategically to build your movement.
- Bible studies – have as many as you can but be sure to have solid quality control of what each study teaches. One dynamic series that many of us are really getting excited about is the “I Am Second” studies. Campus Crusade is working in partnership with the “I Am Second” ministry. Go to their web page and check it out: http://iamsecond.com/getinvolved/GroupTools.html We could call this the “I Am Second studies sponsored by Campus Crusade”.
- What further training and encouragement do the members in your movement need to be ready for the Spring? Do you need re-training in evangelism, leading Bible studies, or building relationships with people in their living situation?
- Connect meaningfully with others. How can you build deep, trusting, and faithful relationship among members in the group? How can we love one another better and deal with any potential conflict.
Make every week of your Spring semester/term count in eternity. Step out in faith and take the initiative to see things happen so that Christ will be an issue all over campus and your students are living dynamic Christian lives.
Talk to you next week,
Ben Rivera/The GodSquad Team