Weekly Tip #12, Spring 2016
As I continued to meditate on the exodus from Egypt by the children of Israel, led by Moses, a number of lessons about God and our response to Him, continued to echo in my mind. One important lesson that we discover as the story of Israel headed to the wilderness unfolds – God will provide their every need. A second lesson – trust God, He is faithful.
In Exodus 3:7-8, 10, God called Moses to go to Pharaoh to let Israel go. This was clearly His will and calling for Israel. If God calls, He will also provide.
7 Then the Lord said, “I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters. I know their sufferings, 8 and I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey…10 Come, I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.”
Exodus 6:1 But the Lord said to Moses, “Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh; for with a strong hand he will send them out, and with a strong hand he will drive them out of his land.”
How did God provide? He provided in many ways for Israel.
- The ten plagues that came upon Egypt because of Pharaoh’s hardened heart, would result in Egypt knowing who the Lord is in Exodus 7:5.
“The Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out my hand against Egypt and bring out the people of Israel from among them.”
- God provided a pillar of cloud and fire to protect, light the way, and protect the children of Israel as they fled from the pursuing Egyptians. See last week’s tip.
- God sent a strong wind, parted the Red Sea, and Israel crossed over on dry land. This was nothing short of miraculous as God moved in a powerful way. Exodus 14:8-25. Is any roadblock or obstacle impassable to God? For man yes, but with God no.
- God stopped Egypt by covering them up in the sea when the waters returned to normal. The enemies of the Lord have no final victory over Him. God will also give us the victory when we are following His call and will. His will may not turn out as we’ve planned, but His plans always turn out because of His perfect will. God indeed has a mighty hand. Do you believe that?
- Next week we’ll pick up the discussion on how God miraculously continued to provide for Israel during the Exodus.
God’s Not Dead – 2
This past Sunday I had the opportunity to see the movie “God’s Not Dead – 2”. I feel that this movie is a must see for all believers. The movie portrays the possibility of the intense spiritual battle that we face in this country. The movie had a powerful guest appearance by Christian Apologist and author Lee Strobel. A defense of Christianity is made and a persuasive way of understanding how to place one’s trust in Christ is modeled.
Bring your disciples and those who are seeking truth to see “God’s Not Dead – 2”. This is a movie for our country at the right time. Don’t let any movie reviews keep you from going. You’ll find your faith being strengthened after seeing it. Spread the word and check it out.
Ben with Cru