Weekly Tip #7 Spring 2017
This week I read in James 4:13-14,
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— 14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
Our lives are truly but a vapor or a mist. It goes by fast and then we face eternity with God or without God. There is no second chance past the grave. Look for regular opportunities to share with everyone who will listen, the message of the Gospel of Christ. Because of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, we can have our sins forgiven and experience all He has for us.
Seven Ways to be Ready to Share the Eternal Message of Jesus
What are some factors that can sometimes keep us from regularly sharing our faith with others?
Here are some simple steps to encourage you to make habits to share with people weekly:
- Be prepared by praying specifically for God to work and open minds and hearts in your ministry environment.
- Be prepared by walking with the Lord. Be sure that you’ve spent time with God and His Word. Be motivated by what the Bible has to say.
- Be prepared by scheduling a specific time to go out each week to share the gospel message with others. Pair up with someone to go for encouragement and support.
- Be prepared by knowing what you’re going to say. Know a simple script of how to introduce yourself, what you’re doing, asking permission, and transitioning to the “Knowing God Personally” booklet, as mentioned above.
- Be prepared by knowing how to share the KGP and asking the Big Six questions to make your experience a two-way conversation.
- Be prepared by knowing how to close the conversation and give someone a chance to make a commitment to place their trust in Christ under the influence and promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- Be prepared to invite each person you meet with, who responds positively, to the next Cru meeting and/or invite to do personal follow-up.
Are you prepared with these seven steps? You may be more than half way through the spring term, but don’t give up – keep going. Determine to become proficient at connecting with people and sharing the greatest message anyone could hear. Go for it!
Ben with Cru
Talk to you next week